Whiteboard in Teams

1. Provide full Whiteboard functionality when using it in Teams Meeting

Microsoft Whiteboard app has functionality to add notes, documents etc
    However when you use the Microsoft whiteboard in a teams meeting you only have limited draw functionality.
    Same functionality should be available

1,199 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

50 comments  ·  Core Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Music Staff as a Background option

Music teachers need a music staff as a background option. It's just multiple rows of 5 horizontal lines with some space between the rows. See file for example.

I'd rather use a staff paper background than upload multiple pdfs files. The pdfs would slow down Whiteboard.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  EDU  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mind mapping tools

Mind maps/concept maps are used widely in education. Whiteboard should add mind-mapping tools including arrows that can snap to notes/pictures/objects. This functionality exists in PowerPoint but on PowerPoint the canvas is often too small for collaborative mind mapping.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Core Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add participant 'laser' pointer that shows their name

Add participant pointer that shows their name similar to the "laser pointer" in Skype's Whiteboard.

247 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Whiteboard Tab in Teams

Inside of a Teams Channel, it would be great to add a Whiteboard tab. By clicking the plus button, I can insert a Word Document, or an Excel Sheet so everyone can reference that file collectively - adding Whiteboard so we can always refer back to it quickly and easily would be awesome.

Currently, Whiteboard and Teams is limited only to a Teams Meeting (and it's in Preview), which I think uses the Web App (and to be honest, it's not as good as the Windows 10 Whiteboard App).

Otherwise, keep up the good work. This is like MS's awesome…

361 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are working on this, but there is a current workaround that works well for many:

1. Go to Whiteboard’s Web app (https://whiteboard.microsoft.com), create a new board, click the share link in top right, click “create sharing link” and click “copy”.

2. Add a new tab in Teams of type “Website” and simply paste in the URL to the Whiteboard you want to share with the channel. Name the tab “Whiteboard”.

3. Everyone in the channel will now have access to this Whiteboard.

4. Alternatively, you can paste in “https://whiteboard.microsoft.com” as a Website tab, and it will show the Whiteboard web app in the tab for each individual, instead of one shared whiteboard for the entire channel.

For more Whiteboard tips & tricks, please subscribe to our new YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/MicrosoftWhiteboard

6. Record Whiteboard during meeting

While using Whiteboard in the meeting and someone recording the meeting, it is visible to participate, but it is not present in the recording.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Be able to import a PDF document using the Whiteboard app or the whiteboard function in TEAMS.

I’d like to be able to import a PDF into whiteboard in TEAMS or in the Whiteboard app

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Maximum zoom out to view full whiteboard

Currently you can get lost by being too far zoomed in (there's no left-right/up-down scroll buttons) and being in a large blank space - it would be nice to have a hotkey or button on the toolbar to do a maximum zoom out, framing the entire whiteboard in a single view. User can then zoom back in to where they want to go. If there's no content, we can just go back to 0x0 @ 100% zoom.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Whiteboard in GCC

Enable Whiteboard for use in Government tenants (GCC)

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. change color of multiple sticky notes

I would like to change the color of multiple sticky notes at once, e.g. within a collection / frame.
    Also, it would be nice if I could define the "default" color for new notes added to a collection / frame, e.g. to be able to trace their origin later on easily (say, brainstorming with a per participant collection / color, to be sorted later on)

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Open Existing Board & Tab App

Hi,

To make the integration with Microsoft Teams better I would like to add this:

• If a whiteboard is created from a team it would be nice if it was easily found from Microsoft Teams. As of now people who didn't join the meeting can't see the whiteboard (unless someone shares it). It would be better if it was attached to the team channel

• When I start a meeting from Microsoft Teams and share a whiteboard I would lite to be able to open an existing whiteboard. Sometimes we don't want to start from a clean slate but from an…

382 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  14 comments  ·  Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Make it easy to have Whiteboard PERSONAL templates for meetings or specific activities!

I want to be able to quickly use one of my teamplates as the Teams whiteboard

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add annotations with the name of the person

Similar to arrow annotations in Webex

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Export Whiteboard to Excel or Word

It would be great to export the text boxes and notes to a Word or Excel so that you do not have to type the ideas you are collecting again after the brainstorming session is finished and you want to work with the results.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please allow guest users

Whiteboards cannot be shared with external users (guests). this is increasingly an issue when we start to use this within Microsoft Teams.

Please allow guest access to Whiteboards

532 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  37 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Clone an object

Being able to clone an object for unlimited copying would be great. Save on the copy and pasting each time. For example, I would like coins at the bottom of my screen so that I can drag them up to make an amount.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Text in sticky notes

I would like to add more text to sticky notes and keep it visible - e.g. by the possibility to enlarge notes without enlarging the text size or by reducing the text size - best would be automatic rescaling of text or note.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. manual sorting of sticky notes

Within a frame, there is the option to sort sticky notes by color, feedback or alphabet. However, re-arranging them by drag and drop within that frame seems to be not supported - although it would be the most intuitive way for manual re-arranging (e.g. prioritizing)

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Clear whiteboard in Teams.

In Teams meetings with Whitboard - be able to clear the whiteboard.
    Currently you have to manually erase it.

140 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Core Features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A robust set of templates

Develop (and allow submission) of a robust set of templates or standard items for functions such as, flow charts, decision tree, bulk sticky notes (variety of colors with a set of 20 created as part of the template), process diagram, mind maps, etc. Each could be included on any board by selection then edited for the specific purpose.

This would be complementary to the other post about creation of personal/individual templates

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Whiteboard in Teams

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base