Whiteboard in Teams

1. Add Whiteboard Tab in Teams

Inside of a Teams Channel, it would be great to add a Whiteboard tab. By clicking the plus button, I can insert a Word Document, or an Excel Sheet so everyone can reference that file collectively - adding Whiteboard so we can always refer back to it quickly and easily would be awesome.

Currently, Whiteboard and Teams is limited only to a Teams Meeting (and it's in Preview), which I think uses the Web App (and to be honest, it's not as good as the Windows 10 Whiteboard App).

Otherwise, keep up the good work. This is like MS's awesome…

357 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are working on this, but there is a current workaround that works well for many:

1. Go to Whiteboard’s Web app (https://whiteboard.microsoft.com), create a new board, click the share link in top right, click “create sharing link” and click “copy”.

2. Add a new tab in Teams of type “Website” and simply paste in the URL to the Whiteboard you want to share with the channel. Name the tab “Whiteboard”.

3. Everyone in the channel will now have access to this Whiteboard.

4. Alternatively, you can paste in “https://whiteboard.microsoft.com” as a Website tab, and it will show the Whiteboard web app in the tab for each individual, instead of one shared whiteboard for the entire channel.

For more Whiteboard tips & tricks, please subscribe to our new YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/MicrosoftWhiteboard

2. Open Existing Board & Tab App

Hi,

To make the integration with Microsoft Teams better I would like to add this:

• If a whiteboard is created from a team it would be nice if it was easily found from Microsoft Teams. As of now people who didn't join the meeting can't see the whiteboard (unless someone shares it). It would be better if it was attached to the team channel

• When I start a meeting from Microsoft Teams and share a whiteboard I would lite to be able to open an existing whiteboard. Sometimes we don't want to start from a clean slate but from an…

380 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

working on it  ·  14 comments  ·  Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Whiteboard in Teams

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base