Whiteboard in Teams

1. Add participant 'laser' pointer that shows their name

Add participant pointer that shows their name similar to the "laser pointer" in Skype's Whiteboard.

246 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

working on it  ·  5 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Record Whiteboard during meeting

While using Whiteboard in the meeting and someone recording the meeting, it is visible to participate, but it is not present in the recording.

53 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please allow guest users

Whiteboards cannot be shared with external users (guests). this is increasingly an issue when we start to use this within Microsoft Teams.

Please allow guest access to Whiteboards

528 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  37 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. OneNote as an Active Whiteboard tool for MS Teams?

Why not link/merge OneNote as an Active Whiteboard tool for MS Teams?
    During a Teams meeting, add One Note as an Active Whiteboard and by default gets saved with the user who initiates it. Also any whiteboard can be shared with any user over email.

I think this will be a great functionality to have.

Similar to what SFB always had. SFB Whiteboard could be saved within One note as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Break" Participants into different virtual meeting rooms during Teams meeting

In the zoom they have function where the meeting host, can "send" the participant into different virtual break out rooms, and let them work on a task, or discuss for a predetermined time e.g. 30 minutes. And then be automatically send back to "main" meeting. This function would be extremely helpful for e.g. leadership trainings, workshops, co-creation etc. Where too many participants don`t allow for same degree of collaboration and interaction.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Link or show view of remote user's view

When in a meeting, you can't see where the remote collaborators are in the screen. I'd like one or both of these features.
    1) link my view to a remote collaborator (If I'm working with userX, right-click on their avatar and say "link my view" and then whenever the user zooms in/out or moves around, my screen view would also move (if my pen isn't actively writing/drawing something).
    ...I realize this has some challenges with weird aspect ratio devices, which I think you could just match or zoom out enough to where the maximum horizontal/vertical view (plus a little white…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Whiteboard in Teams

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base