Extremely slow / impossible to move large amounts of drawing elements
I am using MS WB to do digital written homework using a graphing tablet, b/c WB is one of the few apps to support multi-monitor setups with graphing tablets (wink wink GTK, Inkscape, Xournal++). When I try to move a large number of written elements, what amounts to about three pages of hand-written maths including an unusually high amount of individual strokes (matrices, long numbers, etc.), WB starts to ramp up on one thread (task manager verified) and continues to consume/free memory (task manager verified), but hangs visually. As I have experienced 30s+ hangs on slightly smaller moves, I gave it about 30 minutes to execute the small move, but as nothing changed after that and WB still seemed to hang, I force-killed it.
Luckily, the previous state of the board was fully saved and I found another workaround that solved my situation. However, it is unacceptable considering that Krita and all of the above mentioned, especially Xournal++, work very reliably with large amounts of drawn elements. I'm unfortunately stuck with WB for the particular work I'm doing, and I know that it isn't optimized for my use case, but failing to do element moves after a certain amount of elements are moved at once seems slightly ridiculous to me, especially because no transformation apart from translation occurs (no math required, just add some coordinates or whatever). My main memory cannot be the issue because WB consumed at most 1.5GB during the never-finished move where I have 16 total and a minimum of 12 available in that instance.
Hope my bug report, as well as all of the others, make you aware of the general unoptimized nature of MS WB, and hope to see fixes to this soon.